This is the 9 month post I wrote a while back (on July 22nd, about a week after he turned 9 months) and never got around to posting. I definitely need to write an updated post, but for now, here's a snapshot of Joshua @ 9 months.
---------------------------------------
You are growing so
very fast. I can't believe all the things you are learning every day.
You are crawling on
all fours now, rather than the "army crawl" of last month. Every
other move forward, you kind of "push off" with your right foot. It's
pretty funny looking, but I guess it gets you where you need to go! You are not
a fan of me leaving the room or area you are in, and you will immediately crawl
after me all the while telling me all about how unhappy you are. I do want you
to be able to play independently and not need mommy around, but since I see you
so little during the week, I can't help but humor you. On the other hand, if
we're playing in a room and YOU decide to follow the cat or go exploring, you
are just fine leaving me behind.
You love your
walker, but we had to put it outside so it didn't scratch the floors. You
figured out how to back up and turn (sort of) and are pretty speedy with that
thing unless you run off the patio into the grass.
You don't seem to
like stroller walks as much, though you still love being outside and exploring.
Your eyes seems a little sensitive to the sun, I think because they are so
blue.
You still love food
of all kinds. You really haven't rejected anything we've given you. You make
really funny sounds when you eat "mmmm, mmm, mmm" is kind of what it
sound s like. Despite the fact that you put all your toys in your mouth, you refuse
to feed yourself food. I can't quite
figure that one out.
New foods:
Arborio rice
("risotto")Millet
Zucchini
Peaches
Sweet potato "puffs"
Green beans
Pears
Ground turkey
You pull up on
almost anything, and you love walking assisted (holding our hands) all around
the room. You even someone figured out the concept of kicking a soccer ball
already! We're working on rolling/throwing the ball back and forth. I think you
understand how it works, because when we roll the ball to you, you grasp it
when it reaches you and just laugh. You can't really roll it back with any sort
of accuracy though. :-)
Speaking of
laughing, I love discovering the things that randomly "crack you up."
The other night I imitated you saying "bah bah bah, bah bah bah" in a
sing-songy voice. You laughed, so I kept doing it, and you got so tickled!
Daddy thinks I was telling jokes in baby language. You also laugh and laugh
when we tickle you. It's kind of become part of our bedtime routine to wear you
out with a tickle attack.
If you could reach
the doors, I've no doubt you could open them. You also know how to turn on the
water in the sink and would no doubt turn the shower on if it wasn't covered
with a soft spout cover.
Your favorite toys
continue to be things that you can bang and shake, like rattles and empty bowls
or boxes. You also like your blocks, banging them and knocking them over after
we stack them. You still like playing at your standing table and with your "work
and play" bench. On your work and play bench, there are three
"pegs" that light up as the music plays. We caught you the other day
actually pounding the one that was lit up in order to make the music continue.
Of course we tried to get it on video but you were "over it" by that
point.
Mommy went on her
first overnight trip away from you! I was gone on a work trip to North Carolina
for two nights, but Daddy had you for bedtime routine for 3 nights. You guys
all did SO well! I missed you bunches though! You had a little bit of a tough time
going to sleep the first night, but the next nights went much better. The day I
left Jenny brought Ellyette with her, which was a huge blessing. You love
playing with Ellyette and were totally distracted as I left, instead of crying
(you've been a little more clingy in the mornings lately). I wanted to skype
with you and Daddy but we were worried it might upset you too much. :-( I miss
seeing your smiling face. Jenny sent me a few cute pictures. In one, you were
listening to a kids' concert at the library and she said you were
"captivated."
-----------------------------
I'm wrote the above post while I was on the plane back from my business trip. I feel like there was more I should have added, but I'll leave it as-is, so I don't get confused about stuff he's doing now. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment