It's hard to believe we've owned our home for almost a year and half now. It seems like just yesterday we were scrambling to move our belongings from the condo to the house in a 24-hour time period! I remember vividly sitting on the plane headed to St. Louis, out of breath from barely making the flight. We certainly wouldn't have made it without the hard work and selfless effort from our dear friends...
- Derick and Andrea, who came over after long days of work (and Derick came from San Diego, only to have to return early the next morning!), bringing their flatbed truck and muscle. We would never have made it without you guys!
- Melissa, who was catching a red-eye flight home to Minnesota that night, yet helped us all day (including driving Ben to pick up his car from the shop) leading up to her flight!
- Crystal, who drove in from LA after work (in terrible traffic!) and stayed until almost midnight, even though she also had to work the next day!
- Dane, who helped all day, provided the use of his SUV, and drove Mel to the airport!
- Janell, who helped me pack up glasses and dishes and clothes while watching So You Think You Can Dance!
I hope I haven't forgotten anyone! I know countless other people helped us through the moving process in terms of moral support, and I am eternally grateful for you as well!
Well, I started this post intending to give some updates on what we've done with the house since we bought it. I guess I got a little distracted. :-) Anyway, we certainly haven't done as much as we intended (thanks to my lack of income and Ben's traveling schedule), but we have enjoyed working on the house and completing (or nearly completing haha) projects. Here are a few of my favorites:

No comments:
Post a Comment