Check out this article, it's one of the most positive articles on relationships I've seen from today's media!
5 Things Super-Happy Couples Do Every Day
I like all tips in the article, and I completely agree that these things can help keep a well-rounded and strong relationship. I love what it says about a relationship needing replenishing every day, so you can store up strength to make it through the stressful or hard times.
I especially like #5--I'm floored that the article included it--but it makes me happy. :-) Here's the best quote from the whole article IMO:
"In another University of Chicago survey, this one of married couples, 75 percent of the Americans who pray with their spouses reported that their marriages are "very happy" (compared to 57 percent of those who don't). Those who pray together are also more likely to say they respect each other, discuss their marriage together, and — stop the presses — rate their spouses as skilled lovers."
Actually, it's interesting to me when I read sort of generic ("secular" if you will) relationship articles about having healthy, happy marriages...these "tips" are ones that really stem from God's design for marriage. He's already shown us how to make it work (Hello, Song of Solomon), we just have to embrace it. To be fair, I'm not saying all "Christian" advice hits the target either, I'm just saying that the target itself is God's design. A healthy marriage is the whole package of spiritual, emotional, and physical intimacy...and can be fun too, believe it or not haha. I believe God also desires us to grow individually (see #4!), not to grow apart, but to build on each other's strengths and consequently build a stronger partnership. So in general, this article was a good reminder of all of these things!
Ok, well, I could go on and on about this, but I'll spare you. :-)
1 comment:
Srsly update.
Post a Comment