As any homeowner will tell you, once you actually move in, weekends become filled with trips to Lowe's, home improvement projects, and fixing things. Thus, I haven't really updated this blog since we successfully bought the house over a year ago. I am better at updating Facebook, perhaps because uploading photo albums and changing my status doesn't require much thought. I'm such a perfectionist with my writing, this stream-of-consciousness blogging stuff doesn't come naturally. :-)
The short version of the last year is that we bought a house, experienced major wildfire danger about a month after we moved in, Ben started traveling for work about 75 percent of the time, I finished and defended my thesis, and I should be officially graduating next month!
Ben has been gone since last Sunday, so a little over a week now. Thankfully my dad arrived on Tuesday for his consulting gig down here, so I stayed busy last week. I am keeping busy this week trying to work on projects and do some much-needed cleaning.
One of the perks of Ben traveling so much is that we are really racking up the frequent flier points. We have several free tickets on Southwest, and now I have the companion pass too, so I can fly for free with Ben anywhere Southwest flies! The other thing keeping me busy is trying to make travel plans to take full advantage of this perk. :-) As of now, here's the plan: I'm scheduled to fly to Philadelphia on Thursday, and then we'll stay in Delaware (where Ben is working) one or two nights. Then we'll fly to Orlando, where Ben has to work for a week. Next, we'll fly to St. Louis for Labor Day weekend to visit family and friends. THEN we'll fly to Sacramento for a few days to spend some time with my family. Finally, we'll make our way back home for a day and a half before Ben has to head out again to Tulsa (or who knows, maybe I'll go with him haha). Crazy, yes, but when else in my life will I get the chance to travel around just for the heck of it?
Ok, so I'll try to keep this updated...we'll see how it goes.
1 comment:
Geez About time. ;) I'll ghost write for you if need be. xoxo
Post a Comment